DataClass is the next generation of DataConstructor technology. It takes the concept to a whole new level.
DataConstructor helped you upgrade a database in an incremental fashion, allowing you to properly test and codify how it was built. DataClass does that and more, allowing you to define a complete class of databases.
DataClass is a compiler. It takes in source files in a custom language, validates them, and generates a DLL with all the information related to your database class in one place:
- Knowledge of how to build databases of a specific version and how to upgrade from one version to another.
- A complete delineation of design allowing clients to avoid duplicating table, column, and method names.
- An intelligent proxy that ensures clients are connecting to properly upgraded databases.
- Proxy logic that allows you to invoke stored procedures as if they were .NET or Java methods.
- Defensive technology that makes your database classes "tamper resistent."