A Database Definition, Build, and Upgrade tool for Agile Developers
Why Use DataClass?
Get your trial
- Compiled Language: DataClass
provides the most of feedback you need without connecting to a database.
- First-Class Design: A simple
mechanism for specifying design completely eliminates the need for duplication between
client and database code.
- Unified Build Path: No more
writing patches or one-off upgrade scripts. You never have to make a distinction
between new builds and upgrades.
- Database Agnostic: DataClass
has no dependency on any particular database technology.
- Agility Enabler: DataClass
gives you the ability to build, unit test, and validate
types of databases
just like any other class.
- Force Multiplier: DataClass
harnesses the skills of developers while automating the mindless tasks that don't
need their attention.
How DataClass Helps Developers
Incremental database definition
system makes defining revisions easy and natural.
- Intelligent database build mechanism always applies the right upgrade steps
in the right order.
- Design can be decoupled using a simple design specification language.
- Design and build languages are version sensitive, allowing you
to define new versions without losing track of the old.
- Compiler provides immediate feedback when construction or client logic
couples to invalid or stale designs.
- Compiled language is a first-class syntax, natural to the problems
of an agile database developer.
- Output produced by compiler has no dependencies outside the basic
target client platform.
prevents bad database deployments at compile time and at database
Incremental build system
supports transition testing.